Re: which websites are running debian

Tim McDonough schreef:
> The extent of the report seems to be site specific. I tried several
> other sites and some just simply say "Linux".

What can be found out about your system depends on Apache-settings. When
you set in /etc/apache/conf.d/security 'ServerTokens' to 'Full',
probably you get such a complete listing. A more sane 'Prod' setting
will then just reveal that it's apache running Linux.
Nmap has nice OS-detection futures, although some sites might not like
you scanning their system and take measures.
 nmap -v -A scanme.nmap.org

Sjoerd

PS. Please stick to bottom-posting.