Re: very broken X after recent upgrades

On Sun,12.Apr.09, 01:40:41, Paul Scott wrote:

>> Just go to sid, should work. As a minimum you probably need
>> xserver-xorg-video-nv, xserver-xorg-input-evdev and hal.[1] If you
>> still
>> have troubles please post the full Xorg.0.log.
>>
>> [1] You don't really need hal, but it's more work to get rid of it,
>> and
>> yes, the new way does work.
>

> I have all of those.  Log is attached.  I'm not sure how this Mac (my
> current access to the problem machine) will show it.

Ok, I compared to my log and there are things just missing from yours :/

I assume hal is running on that machine. Also check the output of
'lshal' and look for the devices that have 'input.x11_driver' option set
(maybe post the relevant entries here), because only such devices are
eligible for X11 input devices. Maybe hal just doesn't recognize your
stuff.

> I don't see much wrong except maybe
>
> (==) NV(0): Silken mouse enabled   since I have a fairly normal Logitech
> PS2 optical mouse.

I have that too and seems harmless (it's a message from the video
driver).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)