Re: very broken X after recent upgrades

Ok. I'm getting:

(II) Cannot locate a core pointer device.
(II) Cannot locate a core keyboard device.
(II) The server relies on HAL to provide the list of input devices.
If no devices become available, reconfigure HAL or disable AllowEmptyInput.

I have the xorg video input drivers that I know about loaded. How does the new configuration system work in this respect?

I first lost the mouse a few days ago and the keyboard today. That's with several variations of xorg components from testing and unstable as I fought with aptitude to get what I thought would work.

Thanks,

Paul