Re: very broken X after recent upgrades

If
# dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
doesn't work for me, I'd try my luck with

# dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

2009/4/12 Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com>
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 17:19, Paul Scott <paslist@ultrasw.com> wrote:
> I have a completely broken X windows which occurred at the same time as the
> KDE upgrade.  At the moment I can't get
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg to generate an xorg.conf with anything more
> than a skeleton in it.
>
> How can one force the generation of a new xorg.conf?

Does that skeleton work? It should, because that is what a
modern xorg.conf should look like.  But I guess it doesn't work,
or you wouldn't sent this mail. So post any errors you get and
possibly your /var/log/xorg.0.log and we will see what needs to
be done.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers