Re: lvm and multiboot

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 11:36:27PM -0500, zhang zhengquan (zhang.zhengquan@gmail.com) wrote:

> If I use lvm for the rest of the drive except /boot, can I possibly
> reduce the size of the lvm volume group and get some free space
> unformatted not controlled by lvm?

You can, but that'll be a lot easier if you create multiple
partitions to begin with: freeing an entire partition from
lvm is easier than reducing the size of one, and it doesn't
really cost anything.

So, for maximum flexibility create a small (200MB or so)
partition for /boot and a suitable selection of partitions
with different sizes so that you can later combine them
in various ways.

--
Tapani Tarvainen