Re: VirtualBox on lenny

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

I wish to clarify this:  sources.list is in /etc/apt.  If you (OP)
aren't aware how apt, et al, finds the repositories to download from,
they are listed in /etc/apt/sources.list.

To add to this, I encourage using /etc/apt/sources.list.d for adding 3rd party repositories.  My apt pointer to the VirtualBox repository is in the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list

Which contains the following:

# Sun xVM VirtualBox
deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian etch non-free

Obviously I'm still on etch.  For lenny your file would be slightly different.  This allows you to keep logical separation between between official Debian repositories and third party repositories.  I'd probably call it a "best practice."

--
Chris