Re: VirtualBox on lenny

Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> writes:

>> And further... what packages are required?  I noticed quite a long
>> list with aptitude search
>
> Try installing from virtualbox own repo to get the latest (2.1.4). Check
> http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

You mean to circumvent the apt tools right?
Done that way, does it matter which compiler you have installed?

I ask because I know on gentoo the VirtualBox package gives warning to
use something earlier than gcc-4.3.  Just made me wonder if other
versions may be a problem too.

I'm going to try that install sometime today, but do you have any
other advice from experience with installing VirtualBox?