Re: VirtualBox on lenny

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:12:42 +0000
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 08:40:52AM -0800, Raquel wrote:
> >
> > I don't think that Umarzuki was saying to "circumvent the apt
> > tools".  If you go to the site he indicated, you'll see that the
> > downloads are ".deb" files, so aptitude/apt would be used to
> > install VirtualBox from virtualbox.org.
>
> What happens on 'apt-get dist-upgrade' #?
>
> What should happen?

You have downloaded to your machine and pointed to the appropriate
location in sources.list.  It is up to you to make sure you have the
most current version available and saved to the same place
everytime.  Then "dist-upgrade" works just the same as when pointing
to a Debian distro mirror.

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com