Re: digital camera recomendations

Title: Re: digital camera recomendations

kj wrote:

> ...  I can imagine there's some benefit to designing a battery
> that delivers the cameras exact energy requirements rather than trying
> to make the most of the fixed output of AAs.   Given how small compact
> digital cameras have become, AA batteries really just add unnecessary bulk.

I think you hit the nail on the head in your last sentence--the primary benefit
to camera design of custom-designed batteries is probably the size _and_ _shape_,
at least for ultra-compact cameras (such as my Casio Exilim EX-Z580 (which takes
a flat, square NP-40 battery), and Casio's V7 and V8, which couldn't also use the
NP-40 and uses a long, skinny battery because of the different internal lens
layout; these are about the size of Canon's Digital Elph cameras).

Daniel

--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]