Re: display is not detected (or supported)

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:31:42PM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> I install the debian on my PC, but the monitor is not detected or not
> adapted ( while it is for linux  CD live, and windows XP). it gives the
> following errors :
>
> out of range
>
> H 86,2 KHZ
>
> V 85
>

> I want to use the file xorg.conf given by CDlive ( sidux for example) and
> copy it in the /etc/X11 of my debian, is it enougn or I need ohter
> configuration ?? thanks for help

It just might work. It certainly won't hurt to try. (well, it *could*
I suppose, just review it first).

But it sounds like you just need to make a simple tweak to your
xorg.conf. Search through it for the HorizSync and VertRefresh lines,
comment them out (with a "#") and see what happens. X is pretty good
at detecting monitors these days.

If that doesn't work, please provide your xorg.conf, output of lspci
and perhaps the specs of your monitor.