Re: IPMI problem compiling linux 2.6.28.5 in Debian Way

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:02:37 +0100, "Adrian Chapela"
<achapela.rexistros@gmail.com> said:
> Thomas Preud'homme escribió:
> > On Tuesday 17 February 2009 12:31:45 Adrian Chapela wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am compiling Linux Kernel 2.6.28.5.
> >>

> > Where did you get the sources ? I first thought it could be the lack of blob
> > firmware but as it is a problem of compilation and not linkage it must be
> > something else. Perhaps two modules are in conflicts and kernel dev haven't
> > seen it but it seems very unlikely to be true.
> >
> I downloaded the sources from www.kernel.org.

I don't pretend to have any indepth insite into the mechanics of the
kernel, so
this is just a shot in the dark, but could section 2.1 of the following
explain
for your troubles?

http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-source.html

wg