emacs and terminus, proggy and ttf-inconsolata fonts

Hello,

This is on Testing. In Emacs if I left-click the mouse button with the
Shift key pressed, I get the Font Menu from which I can select some of
the preset fonts (fixed, courier, etc.).

I want to try terminus, proggy and ttf-inconsolata fonts. I can set
terminus font by setting the Basic faces option in Emacs by specifying
the family as Terminus. However, how I try ttf-inconsolata? It is not
shown in xfontsel dialog box.

Also, Debian does not appear to have proggy fonts, or am I missing
something.

Finally, if I choose to stick with terminus, how do I make Emacs show
different sizes in the Font Menu (Shift+LeftClick)?

Thanks.

ever having been read.