Re: IPMI problem compiling linux 2.6.28.5 in Debian Way

Thomas Preud'homme escribió:
On Tuesday 17 February 2009 16:02:37 Adrian Chapela wrote:
I downloaded the sources from www.kernel.org. But my problem starts with
2.6.28. I can compile this version but now it is impossible. Then I
downloaded 2.6.28.5 and it is the same. This morning I have been
changing some packages from testing to stable versions because I have a
problem with MySQL. Now I want to recompile because I changed libc6,
gcc-base, gcc and other important packages. Maybe I need some library
wich isn't on my system, but I don't know what.

The sources are a new clean
sources.
Where the directory clean when you decompressed the sources ?
No, I want to mean that it is a new tar file recently decompressed.

I understand but my question was confusing. I mean before you uncompress the sources, the directory was clean or there was already some source file which could conflict ?
No, there isn't any file. It is the first time uncompress.
Did you check the file which seems to define same function and variable ? If there is actually a conflict, then look for which purpose (which module or functionality) both files are. Then try to remove the other module if you don't need it.
I need it. If I don't compile with this option activated the compilation works well. I could compile this in another installation of Debian but now it is impossible. Also the debian kernel version has this module.

There is another suggestion about the possibility of module license characteristics. I don't know...
[SNIP]

Regards,

Thomas Preud'homme