Re: IPMI problem compiling linux 2.6.28.5 in Debian Way

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 16:02:37 Adrian Chapela wrote:

> I downloaded the sources from www.kernel.org. But my problem starts with
> 2.6.28. I can compile this version but now it is impossible. Then I
> downloaded 2.6.28.5 and it is the same. This morning I have been
> changing some packages from testing to stable versions because I have a
> problem with MySQL. Now I want to recompile because I changed libc6,
> gcc-base, gcc and other important packages. Maybe I need some library
> wich isn't on my system, but I don't know what.
>
> >> The sources are a new clean
> >> sources.
> >
> > Where the directory clean when you decompressed the sources ?
>
> No, I want to mean that it is a new tar file recently decompressed.

I understand but my question was confusing. I mean before you uncompress the
sources, the directory was clean or there was already some source file which
could conflict ?

Did you check the file which seems to define same function and variable ? If
there is actually a conflict, then look for which purpose (which module or
functionality) both files are. Then try to remove the other module if you don't
need it.

[SNIP]

Regards,

Thomas Preud'homme