Re: k3b & brasero don't work, nerolinux does- works ar 2X

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 21:32:20 -0500, Paul Cartwright (ale@pcartwright.com) wrote:

> On Fri January 9 2009, Rainer Kluge wrote:
> > I am afraid that this bug report will have no effect. The problem
> > discussed in this thread seems to be a problem in the tools used by k3b
> > and not a problem in k3b itself. The bug report should be for growisofs.
> > I would be surprised if the k3b maintainer takes any action. BTW,
> > nothing did happen since mid September!
>
> I'll do another one against wodim/growisofs..

Hi Paul - I have just been looking at this bug report of yours, which I
assume is the one at

I have followed much of this thread because I use k3b daily to burn DVDs
(and the occasional CD) with no problems at all with it or, presumably,
with its various external applications (wodim etc).  I have been
wondering if I could identify exactly what is 'different' about your
setup  nd causing you these problems.  My Lenny installation is up to
date and everything has been installed with aptitude from Debian and
Debian-multimedia repositories, so of I can help by providing version
numbers or anything then please ask in this list but I suspect they will
be exactly what apt-cache policy for lenny would show.

Anyway, in your bug report you say you "took out" genisoimage, but then
go on to say you were able to successfully use mkisofs.  However, on my
system, mkisofs is just a symlink to genisoimage.   In fact the package
description for mkisofs says "This is a dummy package to ease the
transition to genisoimage, the fork of mkisofs.  It provides a mkisofs
symlink to genisoimage for compatibility purposes.  Please use
genisoimage instead of mkisofs."

I only mention this because it does look a bit confusing but maybe I'm
missing something.  If so, sorry for the noise.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.