Re: my new Inspiron - WAS: OT: laptop recomendations

On Wednesday 2009 January 07 08:22:06 Stackpole, Chris wrote:
> > From: Bernard [mailto:bdebreil@teaser.fr]
> > I just got the output of "lspci" at this stage.
>
> Looking at your hardware I see this:
> 0b:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
> Network Connection (rev 02)

This works with the ipw3945 driver in the etch kernel.  This works with the
iwl3945 driver (plus firmware from non-free[1]) in the etchnhalf kernel.  Not
sure about the Lenny kernel, but it probably also requires firmware from
non-free.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))

[1] Not sure how long this will be true, ISTR a debian-vote to assume firmware
blobs satisfy the GPL until there's evidence otherwise.