Re: keep hidden files hidden in gui apps (xpdf) [SOLVED]

Last spring I had a question about xpdf's file picker. Fabio has just
emailed me the following solution. I'm reposting it here in case anyone
else has this problem:

On May 22 2008, 8:00 pm, tyler <tyler.sm...@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> How can I configure iceweasel and xpdf so that they will *not* show
> hidden directories in their file-pickers? I'm sure it's a simple fix,
> but I haven't been able to find it myself.

Hello, XPdf's file dialogs are part of Motif. If your distro uses the
OpenMotif implementation, you just have to add the following line to
your ~/.Xdefaults file:

*fileFilterStyle: filter_hidden_files

Then either restart your X server or run

xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

The next time you start XPdf you will not see hidden files in the file
dialogs.

If you use another implementation of Motif, (lesstif, ...), use the
following command to know how to filter hidden files:

man XmFileSelectionBox