Re: my new Inspiron - WAS: OT: laptop recomendations

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:22:06 -0600
"Stackpole, Chris" <CStackpole@barbnet.com> wrote:

> [...]

you want the driver from (compat wireless)
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Download

you also need firmware (nonfree so not available on live cd)
aptitude install firmware-iwlwifi

There is also a version in the kernel for the driver so getting the firmware may be enough