Re: does debian have other utilities similar to multicd ??

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 08:36:56PM -0500, Joey L wrote:
> Well thanks for the reply - I think i narrowed it down.
> 1). Multicd - does the job - the issue there is that we need to do it on
> iso9660 filesystem and NOT the ext2 filesystem that come by default.
>
> Does anyone know how to change that ???

Well, not without reading the documentation.

> 2). Mondoarchive - does the job - the issue is that though it saves it on an
> iso9660 filesystem, the archieve files are not readable by windows based
> machines because it uses bz2 instead of zipfiles.  Does anyone know how to
> change Mondoarchive to zip file format storage...does it do that ?

Well, not without reading the documentation.

I suggest that whenever you install an "end user" package that you:

1.0 Do a "dpkg -L <package> | less" and look for:

  1.1 help files (.txt, .html, ??)
  1.2 config files
  1.3 example files
  1.4 man pages, info files

Read the stuff under "/usr/share/doc/<package>" especially the:
	NEWS.Debian.gz
	README.Debian
files.

Even after all that, you may not get the information you want.

I highly reccommend a "thorough" google search (using lynx and the d
key) in a directory relevant to what you are searching for, i.e.
~/Software/backup/mondoarchive/google/gs-1-100/

In fact, I would say that it is only from doing that, that you start to
see the [amazing] capabilities. e.g., "imagemagick."

--
Chris.
======