Re: [OT] mailing lists versus usenet / reply to list, reply-to, reply

On Tuesday 06 January 2009, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote about 'Re:
[OT] mailing lists versus usenet / reply to list, reply-to, reply':
>Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> I prefer a sieve, the standard language for server-side mail filtering,
>> implementation on my IMAP (and managesieve) server.
>
>    If only mail clients would incorporate sieve into their normal
> filtering. IE, my dad probably can't write sieve filters but he can use
> the fairly common filter dialogs which could, with minimal effort, just
> be a front end for sieve filters.

I agree and there has been work on that.  However, I've yet to see a good
UI for composing sieve scripts.  I think one of the webmail packages
SquirelMail(?) or RoundCube(?) has the beginning of a UI.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))