Re: does debian have other utilities similar to multicd ??

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Joey L <mjh2000@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

<snip>

Mondo is useful for system backup. Its prime selling point is that it can restore a fully functional system (partitions included). I'm not sure
it is that useful for data backup.

Very useful: use mondoarchive to archive anything onto DVD's then use mondorestore to restore it from DVD. You don't have to use mondo in boot mode.

Sorry - I missed a point here.I would like mondo to just copy the files oto the dvd for me.So when I am on windows or linux - i can just insert the dvd and see the files as they are transparently - without any further steps.  I do not want to use mondorestore or any other utility to see my files on dvd.
I do not want to use tar or any other utility to see my files..i just want it to look on dvd as it does on my linux partition....but also want windows machines to see it too.
Is this possible ???