Re: memory problem

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 02:00:26PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2008-12-29 20:28:45 -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > I use Konqueror instead of Iceweasel whenever I can because of the memory
>
> I wouldn't use konqueror or anything using KDE libs. To a less extent,
> ditto for some GNOME-related packages (e.g. I don't want to install
> the huge package gnome-icon-theme, because disk space is limited and
> I can't upgrade).

Since iceweasel went with GTK-2.0 (along with other gtk apps), the
memory hogging difference between GTK and KDE has pretty much gone out
the window.  Then when you add the memory leak in the GTK on Etch it
becomes more memory efficient to use KDE apps (especially for apps that
you hope to keep running for any length of time).

Doug.