Re: memory problem

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 09:35:40PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2008-12-27 11:02:41 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > True enough.  But, sometimes, throwing h/w at an issue does actually
> > solve (or, at least, hide) the problem.  :)
>
> I use several very different machines, such as a personal machine
> with 2 GB, a computation server with 32 GB, and an Internet tablet
> (N810) with 128 MB (non expandable). And for each one, I saw their
> memory filled up under non-exceptional use.

I use Konqueror instead of Iceweasel whenever I can because of the memory
issue.  I also happen to like the bookmarks setup (easy to add a
bookmark anywhere) and the file selecting widget.  I use icewm and not
KDE or Gnome.

My main desktop now only has 64 MB ram (eventually, I'll find more ram
for this PII-233 box but it maxes out at 3x128MB), so I run heavy apps
on my PII-450 NetServer (with 1 GB ram).

Web browsing and watching videos is the only thing that makes 64 MB
uncomfortable.

Doug.