Re: Best File System for Cross-Platform backup

kj:
> Amit Uttamchandani:
> > kj:
> > > If you can live without Windows compatibility, using HFS (instead
> > > of HFS+) would work, since Linux can write to it.
> >
> > HFS+ sounds like a good idea here.
>
> Just to be clear, Linux can not write to HFS+ (last time I tried),
> only to HFS.

??  For a few years now, I've been able to read from and write to a USB
medium which was HFS+ formatted with Mac's Disk Utility.

You do have this line in /etc/modules? :

    hfsplus

Besides that, there's the hfsplus package. containing commandline tools
to exchange data with HFS+ partitions, and to perform certain
conversions (to/from MacBin, BinHex, Mac text encoding).