Re: Best File System for Cross-Platform backup

Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
So I decided to do a compromise. I formatted 100GB as Fat32 in case I
need to plug it in to a windows machine. But the rest is in ext3
format.

Different strokes for different folks - I'd format the whole thing in a non-Windows file system in case it gets plugged into a Windows machine :)

If you can live without Windows compatibility, using HFS (instead of HFS+) would work, since Linux can write to it.

--kj