Re: How to append a simple text presentation at the beginning of a video file?

Thanks for your help, Tom and Florian.

About openmovieeditor, `apt-get install' in sid gives the following output:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  openmovieeditor: Depends: libgavl0 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

, so I coudn't install it.  How did you install it, Tom?

.  Instead, I installed cinelerra in sid from debian-multimedia.org
repositories.  But I don't manage to do absolutely nothing with it: even when I
want to save or render a project, nothing is actually saved.

Tom, maybe I'm asking too much, but a step-by-step suggestion is necessary for
me.

"thveillon.debian" <thveillon.debian@googlemail.com> writes:

> If what you need is just a "title like" piece of text, just load your
> video and choose the "title" effect, write your text, choose the
> rendering (color, fading, font, drop down shadow...) and the duration.
> Repeat if needed with another piece of text. If you don't want the text
> to appear on top of the video, just add some blank frames at the
> beginning and apply the title effect to this part.

I loaded the video in cinelerra, right clicked on it and chose `attach title',
edited it but then...?  I did `File > Save as', but nothing remains saved.

"thveillon.debian" <thveillon.debian@googlemail.com> writes:

> Open Cinelerra,
> load your video, put the cursor at the beginning of it, and open the
> "load files" dialog, choose your images then choose the "paste at
> insertion point" insertion strategy. Your images will last only 1 frame,
> so decrease the time line scale until you see them individually, and
> increase the duration of each as needed (just drag the cursor from the
> edge of the image to the desired duration). Of course you can add
> effects, transitions, audio...

Also here, I didn't manage at all.  I couldn't find how to decrease the time
line scale as you, Tom, suggest, so I don't see the image at all.  When I save,
nothing turns out to be saved.

Excuse, thanks again
Rodolfo