Re: How to append a simple text presentation at the beginning of a video file?

thveillon.debian wrote:
Florian Kulzer wrote :
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 19:52:43 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
How do I install cinelerra?  I did many attempts with different entries in
sources.list, but either the package is `not found' or there are unmet
dependencies.  What shall the proper entries be in sources.list?
AFAICT, cinelerra is available from debian-multimedia.org (please try to
use a mirror in your sources.list), but only for Lenny and Sid. If you
are on Etch then you might have to compile it yourself, which will
probably be a pain in the neck because it depends on some libraries that
are themselves not in Debian.

Cinelerra and Kdenlive are both available for Lenny and upward, not
Etch. Outside of the debian-multimedia packages (which I would
recommend) there's a few other possible repositories, this one for
instance has given good results for 64bit systems :

http://giss.tv/~vale/debian64/

But I would definitely stick with
debian-multimedia, and as Florian Kulzer said building from sources is
really not an easy option with Cinelerra...

Out of curiosity I have tested Openmovieeditor following your question,
which is available in Debian

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/openmovieeditor

saving you the hassle of adding debian-multimedia to your sources. It
has worked very well doing exactly what you want: adding some still
images in the beginning of a 800M video, wrapping up some text on top of
that, and then rendering everything in mpeg video and audio. So it's
worth a try if you can't cope with Cinelerra installation and
not-so-friendly gui...

 To quickly grasp the basics of Openmovieeditor :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9ljEb1PdEdM

 To see what Cinelerra can do for you :

http://makefx.wordpress.com/

Tom

Or a simpler way might be to use dvd-slideshow from the debian-multimedia repository. Create your images with gimp and then use dvd-slideshow to make a slideshow for you.

HTH

Wackojacko