Strange behaviour of aptitude

I just upgraded my server from etch to lenny.

Now, when I run aptitude interactively (over ssh from another machine),
after it has gone off to perform some action - such as installing
upgrades to packages, when it completes, it redisplays the screen, but
is not accepting any keyboard commands.

I can recover with a "reset terminal" command (running gnome terminal),
which kills aptitude and then spews out all the key presses that
aptitude hadn't taken.

I can then immediately restart aptitude with no side effects (it doesn't
complain that the lock is held for instance - which it would do if it
had just been killed off)

Anyone else seeing this?
--
Alan Chandler