Re: Confusion about legality of Linux

* Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net> [2008 Dec 10 11:56 -0600]:
> 2008/12/10 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>

> >> For an American public school?  Unfortunately, probably the latter.
> >> Pray forgive my cynicism...
> >
> > Discipline a priority in American public schools?   ROTFLMAO.
> >
> > Seriously, though, the primary school that my sister teaches is pretty
> > strict (and their average test scores are like in the 90th percentile), but
> > they are mostly born-again right-wing Christians and most parents authorize
> > the school to apply corporal punishment.
>

> Gosh, that sounds awful. High grades don't justify violence against
> children, IMO. If Aaron had been at that school and the teacher had felt he
> was misbehaving, he might have been beaten for handing out free software.

Corporal punishment != beating.

I was reared in a parochial school and I was spanked several times
through the years and each of those times a spanking was warranted.  It
had no adverse effects and probably kept me on the straight and narrow
more often than not even in later years.

But this will get off topic quickly, I fear.  :-(

- Nate >>