Re: Video editing

On 12/10/08 12:52, Pedro Insua wrote:
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 06:33:43PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Another thing I want to do is adding a simple text presentation at the
beginning of the file

Arc Roca <tonroca@yahoo.com> writes:

Write your text say with tex, do dvipng, then convert the pngs into a short
movie with gimp or something else. Then attach at the beginning of your
movie.You can use any editor to create your text, including openoffice, or
scribus. If you want fancy fonts, etc.

It would be very nice to manage to do such a thing, i.e. transform an image
into a movie!  I didn't manage with gimp: how can I achieve this?

`apt-get install gimp-gap', "gimp-gap - The GIMP Animation Package"

   doc:: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Using_GAP/

   You can make a lot of things, not only animations.

Also ffmpeg and mencoder.

http://electron.mit.edu/~gsteele/ffmpeg/

$ ffmpeg -r 10 -b 1800 -i %03d.jpg test1800.mp4

And, Ron, once converted the image into a movie, will it be possible to attach
it to the video with plain old cat?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?