Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 08:13:00AM +0100, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
> lee skrev:
>> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 05:46:29PM -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>> Hm, that is not a fix, it's a poor workaround. And when I start
>> nautilus and look at the preferences dialog, there is no mentioning of
>> caching thumbnails whatsoever.
>>

> When I start nautilus and look at the preferences dialog, there is a tab
>  for previews, and included there are two settings related to thumbnails.
>
> Google found me a screenshot from opensuse 10.3 at
> <http://www.novell.com/documentation/opensuse103/opensuse103_gnome_user/graphics/fm_preview.png>
>

> You can set it to never show thumbnails, but I have not tried that.

Well, I just tried it. I can turn off showing previews, but that
doesn't mean that no thumbnails are created.

Still the dialog doesn't mention anything about creating and even
caching thumbnails.

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm