Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux

> From: lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de>
> Subject: Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 8:41 AM
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 08:13:00AM +0100, Johan Grönqvist
> wrote:
> > lee skrev:
> >> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 05:46:29PM -0800, Kelly
> Clowers wrote:
> >> Hm, that is not a fix, it's a poor workaround.
> And when I start
> >> nautilus and look at the preferences dialog, there
> is no mentioning of
> >> caching thumbnails whatsoever.
> >>

> > When I start nautilus and look at the preferences
> dialog, there is a tab
> >  for previews, and included there are two settings
> related to thumbnails.
> >
> > Google found me a screenshot from opensuse 10.3 at
> >
> <http://www.novell.com/documentation/opensuse103/opensuse103_gnome_user/graphics/fm_preview.png>
> >

> > You can set it to never show thumbnails, but I have
> not tried that.
>
> Well, I just tried it. I can turn off showing previews, but
> that
> doesn't mean that no thumbnails are created.
>
> Still the dialog doesn't mention anything about
> creating and even
> caching thumbnails.

KDE makes clearing thumbnail cache and such easy using KControl > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
Best regards.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

######Laptop powered by Linux######
######Reg. Linux User #278931######