Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 07:03, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

<snip>
> Firefox and other apps may have their own caches; you'd clean them out
> just like you would in Firefox on Windows, via the menus in Firefox itself.

And a lot of programs (Dolphin, Nautilus, gthumb, eog, etc) have thumbnail
caches, which are not always cleanable from in the application. Luckily,
many of these programs now share the FD.O standard ~/.thumbnails/
directory,  instead of each program doing its own thing.

Although I would argue that .thumbnails/ would be even better if it was
moved into the XDG basedir standard location for cache, usually
~/.cache/

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers