Re: oss and alsa and audio devices

On 11/21/08 08:52, H.S. wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

Here's a slightly different question: what makes you think that you *do*
have OSS?

Please see my other recent posts.

You have linux-sound-base.  Well, so do I.

But there are only 2 OSS drivers in "recent" (going back to st least 2.6.16) kernels, so even though you have linux-sound-base, it's infinitesimally likely that you use OSS.

So, since we can't log into your computer to prove that you're using ALSA, *you* need to read thru what *we* wrote and do your own digging.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!