Re: Q: List Policy

On 11/19/08 01:54, Steve Lamb wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
But since most users (and probably developers) of Tbird are on Windows,
they just don't have the same ethos as old-time midrange admins, and so
I'm just thanking $DEITY that the plugin system exists.

    Even then there is a huge barrier to entry.  I would love to write a
plugin for TBird which implements buttons from PMMail/2 (circa 1995).

Ah, OS/2. In it's day, it was the perfect synthesis of text and GUI. PM was truly object-oriented in such a useful manner, and ran *well* on an 8MB 486DX33.

Modern GUIs could learn a lot from it...

Delete-and-Next, Delete-and-Previous, Delete-And close.  Then the same choices
for move and copy.  They made reading messages in a separate window sane and
haven't been seen since.

    I've tried but TBird's plugin architecture isn't documented as a sole
entity.  There is no document, that I am aware of, that describes how to write
a TBird plugin which doesn't start with "To set up your Firefox development
environment..."

    Pisses me off to no end.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!