Re: Q: List Policy

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
On 11/15/08 13:43, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
I was fairly sure that the policy for this list, and most of the Debian mailing lists was to NOT CC the poster in replies unless they requested it.  Is that correct?

Yup.

I only ask because I've been getting a lot of CCs recently and I really,

Gmail.  It's Evil.

How so?  When I reply to an email to this list, gmail presumes I want to reply to the sender.  I simply change the return address to the list.  I manage several forums on which I set Reply-To to the forum address; gmail respects that.  If there's a problem here, it's not gmail.

Patrick