Re: how to select default audio device in KDE

Florian Kulzer wrote:

> [...]
>
>> This worked:
>> plughw:1,0
>>
>> Looks like USB devices should be plughw.
>
> OK, good to know.
>
>> However, even though sound test from KDE's sound system dialog works,
>> Mozilla still sends the audio to the external speakers (internal card)
>> and not to the USB headset. Any ideas?
>
> I would try to use ~/.asoundrc to make the USB headset the default PCM
> device:
>
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/.asoundrc#Default_PCM_device

I think I can make the sound work either from the onboard audio card or
from the headset using a combination of these two options: the override
audio device option and fixing the device in ~/.asoundrc.

However, this operation is convoluted for any causal user. I wish there
were a simple GUI for this in KDE. Perhaps in KDE 4.

Regards.

ever having been read.