how to select default audio device in KDE

Hello,

Running Debian Testing, if I plug in a pair of USB headphones (which are
detected fine), how do I tell me KDE session (ver 3.5.9) to use that
device as default audio output device instead of the speaker connected
to the audio card output?

The USB headset is detected as Microsoft LX3000:
$> aplay -l
card 0: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 0: ES1371/1 [ES1371 DAC2/ADC]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: AudioPCI [Ensoniq AudioPCI], device 1: ES1371/2 [ES1371 DAC1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: default [Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 ], device 0: USB Audio [USB
Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I can change its volume using 'alsamixer -c 1' command, or use it as
output for mplayer using -ao option. But I am not able to tell KDE
session to select the new device as the output device. Any ideas?

Thanks.

ever having been read.