Re: Switching from Etch to Lenny - help me assess the risk.

2008/11/10 David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Bob Cox <debian-user@lists.bobcox.com> wrote:
>
>>  Testing breaks less often than Unstable. But when it breaks, it takes a
>>  long time for things to get rectified. Sometimes this could be days and
>>  it could be months at times.

i use testing on all my boxes and when i have an issues with a broken
package i can always add the sid repo to get the package i want and
then comment them back after i've finished. this has helped me solve
dependency and other issues while keeping on testing.

For me testing has been really stable since early september. the last
big issue i had was with the proprietary ATI driver and my xserver on
a desktop at home.

i've even been running 2.6.27 on a laptop to get wireless without issue.
while it may not be debian stable yet, lenny is nearly there.