Re: Switching from Etch to Lenny - help me assess the risk.

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Bob Cox <debian-user@lists.bobcox.com> wrote:

>  Testing breaks less often than Unstable. But when it breaks, it takes a
>  long time for things to get rectified. Sometimes this could be days and
>  it could be months at times.

I did have some issues with the nvidia driver, it got broken, and I
reverted to the nv driver for a while. That took a while to fix.
Eventually I decided that I had waited too long for new drivers to
show up in testing, so I decided to enable the unstable repository,
and installed X and nvidia from that. A few packages from unstable in
an otherwise testing level distribution is an option and in this case
it worked.