Re: Switching from Etch to Lenny - help me assess the risk.

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 10:15:53 -0600
Ramasubramanian Ramesh <rramesh@ti.com> wrote:

> While Lenny is not as stable as Etch, I am not
> sure how much difference there is, in terms of stability.

When you run testing (and keep it updated), you don't need to worry
about making the leap from one stable release to the next. That was
the reason for me to run testing on mailservers at work, rather than
stable.

The only problem I had with testing was when they switched from
XFree to Xorg a few years ago and the fonts were messed up after an
update, but that was fixable (and servers don't get X11 installed
anyway).

GH