Re: No pata_marvell in debian lenny installer?

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008, "Florian Kulzer" wrote:
I just downloaded the current Lenny beta2 businesscard CD images for
i386 and amd64. The pata-modules-2.6.24-1-*.udeb contains
pata_marvell.ko in both cases. Is that module offered as a possible
selection to load if you run the installer in expert mode?

No, it's not. The only options are 'none' and 'cdrom'. Moreover, going to a console and modprobe'ing pata_marvell results in 'module not found' (or something similar), and

find /lib/modules -iname '*pata*'

returns only pata_sis.ko.

I've almost successfully installed the system with debootstrap. The only thing not working is that my encrypted disk is not being opened (and thus no root fs, and no system). But I think I know what I did wrong. If not, I'll soon start another thread. :-)

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br