Re: No pata_marvell in debian lenny installer?

Florian Kulzer escreveu:
> IIRC, the installer allows you to switch to a VT and run lsmod. Check
> which pata module is used, try to blacklist it if it is the wrong one.
> Check "modinfo pata_marvell" to see if that one is available. If I am
> not mistaken, running the installer in expert mode lets you select which
> modules will and will not get loaded, or you can try the
> module_name.blacklist=yes boot parameter to avoid loading problematic
> modules.

I've not tried with blacklisting. However, I did try loading that
module, and it appears not to exist. The corresponding file could not be
found in /lib/modules. Perhaps I'll try again when I'm home.

> There are two devices with that name in the pci.ids table, one with the
> numerical IDs [1969:1026] and the other with [1969:1048]. Which one do
> you have? Check with "lspci -nn", or even better, "lspci -knn" on the
> Ubuntu system to see which driver it uses. It should be either atl1e or
> atl1. Try to modprobe the correct one with the Debian installer and
> check dmesg for errors.

-k is the option I was looking for, thanks for this tip.

--
Eduardo M Kalinowski
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br