Re: kde: can't right click and get context sensitive menu, iceweasel drop down menus dont drop

On 17:19 Thu 30 Oct     , Nigel Henry wrote:

> That sounds like a problem I had a while back (May), after some updates to
> Lenny.
>
> It turned out that a single click was being interpreted as a double click. For
> example, click on the edit menu item twice, in quick succession, and the edit
> drop down menu would be opened, and immediately closed, before you had
> achance to see the dropdown menu. Clicking on the volume control in the
> panel, I'd get a quick flash of the slider, which immediately disappeared
> again, and is the same result that you'd get if clicking on the volume
> control twice. There was more mysterious stuff, but leaving that aside,
> someone suggested doing the following in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
>
> A private e-mail sent to me from someone on either the Debian-User list, or
> the KDE list, has enabled me to resolve the mouse problem.
>
> All I had to do was edit a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf relating to the mouse.
>
> Section  "InputDevice"          "Generic Mouse"
>
>                 Option       "SendCoreEvents"      "true"
>
> I changed the above line from "true" to "false", as suggested, and now the
> mouse works as it always has done in the past.

You solved the problem!

Thank you very much. I also have had the problem since around May, but mostly use the system
via my vncserver so I didnt notice it much till recently.

Great! Yabadabadoo!!!!

Thank you again!

Mitchell Laks