Re: kde: can't right click and get context sensitive menu, iceweasel drop down menus dont drop

On Thursday 30 October 2008 19:34, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> On 17:19 Thu 30 Oct     , Nigel Henry wrote:
> > That sounds like a problem I had a while back (May), after some updates
> > to Lenny.
> >
> > It turned out that a single click was being interpreted as a double
> > click. For example, click on the edit menu item twice, in quick
> > succession, and the edit drop down menu would be opened, and immediately
> > closed, before you had achance to see the dropdown menu. Clicking on the
> > volume control in the panel, I'd get a quick flash of the slider, which
> > immediately disappeared again, and is the same result that you'd get if
> > clicking on the volume control twice. There was more mysterious stuff,
> > but leaving that aside, someone suggested doing the following in the
> > /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
> >
> > A private e-mail sent to me from someone on either the Debian-User list,
> > or the KDE list, has enabled me to resolve the mouse problem.
> >
> > All I had to do was edit a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf relating to the
> > mouse.
> >
> > Section  "InputDevice"          "Generic Mouse"
> >
> >                 Option       "SendCoreEvents"      "true"
> >
> > I changed the above line from "true" to "false", as suggested, and now
> > the mouse works as it always has done in the past.
>
> You solved the problem!
>
> Thank you very much. I also have had the problem since around May, but
> mostly use the system via my vncserver so I didnt notice it much till
> recently.
>

> Great! Yabadabadoo!!!!
>
> Thank you again!
>
> Mitchell Laks

And a "BooBoo to you too" Mitchell. Nice to see the suggestion worked. Not my
suggestion, but one given to me by one Gerardo Ponce. A later reply also
suggested a fix as below, plus a link to a known bug. It may be worth looking
at it.
<quote>
2008-05-17 06:04

Add the following line in the xorg.config's Mouse section:

        Option          "CorePointer"

It's a bug.

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-x@lists.debian.org/msg70399.html

Regards.