virtual box version mismatch

Greetings;

I have tried this on two different machines w/different kernels but
both lenny and after I do the "modprobe vboxdrv" as demanded by vbox
I get the message following and I have just installed latest vbox stuff.

	The version of the VirtualBox kernel modules and the version
	of VirtualBox application are not matching. You can correct
	this by either installing the correct virtualbox-ose-modules
	package (if available) through apt-get or by building it
	manually with: module-assistant auto-install virtualbox-ose.
	VBox status code: -1912 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH).

	Result Code:
	0x80004005
	Component:
	Console
	Interface:
	IConsole {d5a1cbda-f5d7-4824-9afe-d640c94c7dcf}

I also tried the auto-install, which worked, but that doesn't solve the problem
either.

Any ideas what is wrong or how to get out of this?

TIA,
Dennis