Re: virtual box version mismatch

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:22:26 -0500
Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> I have tried this on two different machines w/different kernels but
> both lenny and after I do the "modprobe vboxdrv" as demanded by vbox
> I get the message following and I have just installed latest vbox
> stuff.
>
> 	The version of the VirtualBox kernel modules and the version
> 	of VirtualBox application are not matching. You can correct
> 	this by either installing the correct virtualbox-ose-modules
> 	package (if available) through apt-get or by building it
> 	manually with: module-assistant auto-install virtualbox-ose.
> 	VBox status code: -1912 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH).
>

> 	Result Code:
> 	0x80004005
> 	Component:
> 	Console
> 	Interface:
> 	IConsole {d5a1cbda-f5d7-4824-9afe-d640c94c7dcf}
>
> I also tried the auto-install, which worked, but that doesn't solve
> the problem either.
>
> Any ideas what is wrong or how to get out of this?
>
> TIA,
> Dennis

Exactly what it says. 'The version of the VirtualBox kernel modules and
the version of VirtualBox application are not matching.'
You may have upgraded one (or was upgraded during an apt-get upgrade)
and the other is still at the old version. Check their versions and
upgrade the other that isn't.

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc