Re: Alternating between keymaps

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> How do I alternate between keymaps with a keystroke? Please guide me on
> this.

Gnome: In "System -> Preferences -> Keyboard": First, you have to add
the two
layouts you want to switch between. Then, In "Layout options", you have to
choose a keystroke for switching in "Layout switching".

If you are not using Gnome, you can create a shell script that you
execute at
login and which contains for example:

	#!/bin/bash
	setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:alts_toggle us,ar

Then, you can switch between the 2 layouts ("us" and "ar") by pressing
using
"alt" keys simultaneously.

> For example, I want to alternate between arabic and englist US by
> pressing Ctrl + Shift +z.

I don't know if you can specify such a shortcut using setxkbmap.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

P.S.: I'm not sure about the name of menus because I'm using a french
system.

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدقي
http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~dogguy