Re: Why the BLEEP was my sound removed?

On 10/20/08 17:25, Rico Secada wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:04:11 -0500

On 10/19/08 20:33, Rico Secada wrote:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:56:33 -0500

Like I wrote: "yes I can download and install firmware manually"
So you did.  My apologies.

np :-)

:)

I disagree with you, though, about your reaction to having to manually d/l the binary firmware. Using Linux means sometimes having to get your fingers a bit greasy.

I manage a lot of machines daily, and yes normally I agree, and I get
my fingers greasy plenty. On my desktop I generally don't want to get
grease anywhere, I haven't got the time. :-)

You can't have Cheap, Easy and Secure. Choose two, and from there determine your desktop OS:

Cheap and Easy: Windows. (Well, not really, but that's the fiction.)
Cheap and Secure: Linux.
Easy and Secure: OSX.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.