Re: Why the BLEEP was my sound removed?

On 10/19/08 05:12, Rico Secada wrote:
Hi,
I just upgraded from Etch to Lenny on my laptop.

Normally I get sound working using the snd-maestro3 module, but I can
see that support has been removed.

This is something that is affecting a lot of users.

Yes, I can use 2.6.18 instead of 2.6.26, and yes I can download and
installed firmware manually, but hell then I might as well run
something different if I have to mess around like that to get sound
working.

This response to the bug that you referenced explains exactly how to get sound to work again.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=48;bug=464191

Can someone please explain why the BLEEP support was removed?

Probably because it violates the DFSG (Debian Free Software Guidelines).

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.